Clojure/script Web App DeveloperPermanent
We’re based in London and Cambridge UK but will also consider remote applicants with a strong portfolio.
About The Company
We’re redefining online education. Our proprietary platform learns about our users and then delivers just the right content to minimize their time spent on maximising their skills.
Our business customers are equally as excited as we are. We’ve built relationships with multinational pharmaceutical and life science companies, and they are eager to join us on the journey to reshape the ed-tech industry.
Our engineering team comprises of Clojure developers with backgrounds ranging from academic research to enterprise delivery. We love using functional programming to solve interesting problems.
Our tech is solid and we want it to look slick. We’re looking for a hot-shot developer with a flare for UX and who knows the ins-and-outs of web development in the Clojure/script ecosystem.
We want someone who will confidently make a direct impact on the customer-facing side of our platform. This means rolling out new client-side features and developing server-side APIs to interact with our ed-tech engine. In doing so, you should be comfortable with:
- Leiningen / deps.edn, Re-frame, Reagent and React’s lifecycles
- REST and WebSockets
- NodeJS, NPM and Yarn
- JS / CLJS interop
- CSS Preprocessors and mainstream CSS frameworks
- Proper state management
- UX principles and slick user interfaces
- Data visualisation in SVG and Canvas
- Experience with CI, Docker, AWS, Datomic Cloud and Ions is welcome.
Compensation and Work Hours
- £45,000+ (based on experience)
- Relocation Package
- Share Options Package
- Bonus Payments
- 100% Clojure(Script) & Datomic Cloud Stack
- Engaging commercial-academic environment
- Interesting problems to solve
- A supportive team who’ve been there and have realistic expectations
- Competitive Salary / Excellent Career Progression Opportunities.
- Work sustainable hours (~8:30 – 5:30, give or take). Relatively flexible work hours.
- Company laptop and ancillary office equipment.
We have offices in Cambridge, London and soon in California.
Our ideal candidate is willing to relocate to Cambridge or work from our London office and commute to Cambridge a few days a week. As we’re a small company we appreciate some face-to-face time to build company culture.
We will also consider remote applicants with a strong portfolio who are willing to reserve at least few hours a day to meet during UK work hours.
Whilst a UK based company, we’re licensed to hire from outside the EU including the US. We can help you with a Tier 2 Visa Sponsorship but expect you to relocate and join our wonderfully academic city. We’ll help you in the process.
If you have a Github profile we’ll read it with the understanding that you don’t necessarily have time to work on personal projects and much of your best work may be private.
- UX/UI: 3 years (Preferred)
- Clojure/Script: 3 years (Preferred)
- client side web development: 5 years (Preferred)
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter detailing how your experience fits the role to email@example.com
We are recruiting a full-time ‘Marketing Specialist’ for its growing start-up business. As a young but fast growing start-up business, we can offer a fast-paced and stimulating working environment with great team members, allowing the perfect candidate to gain skills in all areas of business development, while supporting business operations and growth. This position further provides highly motivated and qualified candidates the opportunity for internal promotions within the senior management team.
CamBioScience Limited is a premium global provider of education and educational technology in the life sciences and healthcare sectors. The company has developed a cloud-based enterprise EdTech platform called OBRIZUM® that allows managers in high-skill based areas to automatically create and deliver adaptive online courses and dynamic assessments. The OBRIZUM platform is poised to disrupt the professional education system and transform the trading of knowledge both within and between organisations.
CamBioScience plays a critical role in disseminating state-of-the-art know-how to key stakeholders in the public and private life science and healthcare sectors.
The company is looking for a full-time Marketing Specialist to support its national and international scale-up. The candidate will be working in a dynamic start-up environment which requires quick adaptation to changing conditions. The candidate will be generally responsible for executing effective marketing strategies, assisting with campaign development, analysing the effectiveness of each campaign and developing our lead generation programs. The successful candidate will play an integral role in building and engaging the company’s customer base, and creating effective strategies that will promote the long-term growth of our firm. The role will require a high level of digital proficiency and the ability to work well within a fast moving company.
Position: Full-time in our Cambridge Offices
Starting date: Immediately
Job description and Skill requirements: CamBioScience has established a premium reputation in life sciences and healthcare education and is now looking for a highly motivated and ambitious person to support the growth of the business. The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Developing marketing strategies for projects, including company websites and social media
- Working closely with the sales team on programme development and implementation
- Analysing data to determine campaign efficiency
- Establishing brand guidelines in close collaboration with the rest of the team
- Ensuring creative marketing materials undergo regular review and adhere to brand guidelines
- Developing and communicating marketing plans, campaign results and project recommendations to senior management team
The perfect candidate is pro-active, can work within a diverse team, is able to communicate clearly and efficiently with colleagues throughout the company, and ideally have experience in the marketing of software products. All applicants must be fluent in English and have proven experience in digital marketing.
Application Process: We will only accept applications that contain a CV and a strong cover letter that clearly outlines the reasons for the applicants interest in this position.