Leadership and management skills are critical for a successful career in science and beyond. Comprehension of these skills is required whether you are running your own lab group, a core facility or your own business. This course will bring together scientists who want to enhance their business management skills that are required for research grant project management or running shared resource laboratories, technology platforms, and core-facilities.
The course instructors are experienced science management leaders with proven skills in research infrastructure management. They will provide a dynamic recourse using their experiences in science and technology management, leadership, entrepreneurship and technology transfer.
The ultimate goal is to provide participants with an experience that translates into developing their leadership and business management skills.
1. Lectures will discuss the challenges and solutions in the management of research projects, departments, shared resource laboratories, technology platforms, and core-facilities.
2. Interactive sessions will allow participants to explore entrepreneurship and develop a business or grant application plan.
3. Participants will have plenty of networking opportunities.
1. Management: To understand how to develop and maintain research projects and infrastructures as a business enterprise
2. Entrepreneurship: To be able to build a business model (balancing non-profit ambition versus for-profit needs); and understand the balance between research service and research collaboration
3. Networking: To be able to network and form collaborations effectively as well as distinguishing opportunity from obligation
4. Mentorship: Course instructors will aim to establish lasting mentorship contacts with the participants
Dr Stefanie Reichelt
CRUK, Cambridge Institute, UK
Dr Alex Sossick
Gurdon Institute, Cambridge, UK
This course will be valuable for anyone (Masters/Ph.D students, postdocs, research scientists, principal investigators, professionals already in research infrastructure management roles, scientific entrepreneurs) who is interested in or currently in a position of leadership within scientific research and those interested in setting up their own business.
For any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in being a partner for this course? Please email email@example.com
With this course you get our exclusive CamBioScience membership for free and receive an automatic 10% discount on your registration fee. (Included in the pricing below)
|Early Registration Ends: 31.10.19||£189.00 +VAT||£378.00 +VAT|
|Standard Registration Ends: 15.11.19||£236.25 +VAT||£472.50 +VAT|
|Late Registration Ends: 02.12.19||£295.30 +VAT||£590.62 +VAT|
Registration fees include: course materials, instruction from expert instructors, lunch, and refreshments.
To register, please click below and fill in the registration form. You will then receive an email confirmation in which you will be able to choose a payment method (pay by card online, or receive an invoice to process payment by bank transfer).